The Office for Victims Programs (OVP) administers several state and federal grant programs that provide support for services to victims of crime. Grant funds are distributed to agencies that provide crime victim services through a competitive application process. The Crime Victim Services (CVS) Advisory Board reviews submitted applications and then provides their recommendations to the Executive Director of the Department of Public Safety for review and approval.
The following grants are included in the competitive application process:
Important Update about Future Crime Victim Services Funding
- Recording of 9.14.2023 CVS Funding Update
- Transcript from 9.14.2023 CVS Funding Update
- Slides from the 9.14.2023 CVS Funding Update
- FAQs from 9.14.2023 CVS Funding Update
If you have questions regarding the information provided in the 9.14.2023 CVS Funding Update, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The 2023-2024 Crime Victim Services (CVS) Grant Application Process closed on February 22nd, 2022. The next competitive application process for CVS Funds for 2025-2026 will launch in 2024!
CY 2023 & CY 2024 Crime Victim Services (CVS) Grant Program Post-Award Training Videos
Project Directors and Primary Contacts (if applicable)
Before undergoing monitoring
CVS Connections e-Newsletter
Interested in being added to our mailing list? Subscribe to the CVS Connections Newsletter to be provide with up-to-date information on our grants, promising practices and upcoming funding opportunities.
Resources for CVS Grantees and Applicants
- How to Open Adobe LiveCycle Forms
- Background Check Requirement FAQs for CVS Grantees
- Best Practices for Agencies Expending Grant Funds for Financial Assistance for Victims Packet
- Essential Grant Accounting and Financial Documentation Packet
- Emergency Funds Eligibility Sheet
- Indirect Cost Calculator
- Indirect Costs Handout
- PMT Checklist for Grantees
- Sample PMT Report
- Statewide GIS Mapbook
- Supporting Documentation for Expenditures for Financial Assistance for Victims
Visit our OVP Technical Assistance YouTube Channel for more grant-related training videos!
Financial Assistance for Crime Victims Examples
- Agency Procedures Example
- Internal Application for Authorization Example
- Account Quick Report with Corresponding Payment Authorization Example-Redacted
- Emergency Hotel Example-Redacted
- Food Expenditure Example-Redacted
- Utilities Assistance Example-Redacted
- Gas Assistance Example-Redacted
- Moving Expenses Example
- Day Care Expenditure Example-Redacted
- Procedures for Housing Assistance Example
- Rental Assistance Authorization Example-Redacted
- Lawyer Activity Log, Billing, and Payment Voucher Example-Redacted
- Contract Attorney Payment Procedure Example-Redacted
- Contract Attorney Request for Payment Example-Redacted
- Contract Attorney Screening Form Example-Redacted
- Client Screening Form Example-Redacted
- Case Procedure and Tracking Spreadsheet Sample-Redacted
- Confidentiality and Release of Information Sample-Redacted
- Attorney Contract Sample-Redacted
In addition to the administration of state and federal dollars to provide support for services to victims of crime, OVP conducts a series of Special Projects to improve the continuum of care crime victims receive.