Office of Community Corrections
How Can We Help You?
Community Corrections Progression Matrix
(24 min 14 sec) To learn more contact Chrystal Owin.
SOA-R (Standardized Offender Assessment - Revised) - BASIC TRAINING
February 10, 2021 8:00am - 4:00pm, Online
The BASIC Training is a two-day course designed for new community corrections staff who have had no formal SOA-R training in the past from the State of Colorado (or Correctional Management, Inc). It is also appropriate for current staff who have received informal SOA-R training only. Trainees will learn to administer and interpret all instruments in the SOA-R process including the Simple Screening Instrument-Revised (SSI-R), the Level of Supervision Inventory (LSI), the Adult Substance Use Survey-Revised (ASUS-R), and the Service/Treatment Recommendation Worksheet (TxRW). Trainees will also learn the interview skills necessary to administer the SOA-R process and will learn the basic stages of change model. Staff will also learn to administer the Colorado Criminal Justice Mental Health Screen for Adults (CCJMHS-A) and all procedures recommended to make a mental health referral for offenders with potential mental health issues. Learn more...
Contact Liz Craig for additional information and passcode.
Evidence-Based Practices 101
Virtual Self-Directed, 1 hour
Evidence-based practice (EBP) is a significant trend throughout all human services that emphasize outcomes. Interventions within community corrections are considered effective when they reduce client risk and recidivism and therefore make a positive long-term contribution to public safety. This EBP training module presents the body of research that briefly describes contemporary correctional assessment,
programming and supervision strategies that lead to improved client outcomes
Case Planning and Progression Matrix
Contact Liz Craig for additional information.
OCC Training Calendar
Announcements & Updates
Newsletter - Notes from the Field
Introducing The DCJ-Office of Community Corrections Newsletter
We hope you find the OCC newsletter, Notes From the Field, useful and informative.
See the end of the newsletter for a very special thank you to our hardworking partners in the field - you guys are amazing!
Find Out More About Community Corrections...
The Office of Community Corrections:
- Ensures compliance with the Colorado Community Corrections Standards through regular program audits
- Distributes state and federal monies to community corrections boards and programs
- Provides technical assistance and specialized training to local facility staff, boards, and board members
- Use the below link to access new information about technical assistance and trainings offered by our office
- Technical Assistance and Training Brochure
- Completes background checks on prospective employees of community corrections programs
- Collects statistical data and other information about community corrections on behalf of the Colorado legislature and other state entities
- Provides support to the Governor's Community Corrections Advisory Council
Community Corrections Standards
The Office of Community Corrections establishes Community Corrections Standards in collaboration with stakeholders around the state. These standards establish minimum levels of service within Colorado community corrections programs and seek to reduce risks associated with managing offenders in the community.