Office of Community Corrections
How Can We Help You?
In the fall of 2020, the Office of Community Corrections recognized the need to streamline the statewide complaint process. Learn how to navigate the complaint process from notification to resolution. The recorded training is approximately 5 minutes. To learn more contact Ellen Dawson or Jeff Jordan.
Standardized Offender Assessment Revised (SOA-R) Basic Training
FORMAT: Instructor-led In-person/Blended Training - Upcoming Workshops
DATES in 2023: January 11-12; March 29-30; May 30-31; August 1-2; October 2-3; December 13-14 (9:00am - 4:30pm)
LOCATION: 710 Kipling Street, 2nd Floor Conference Room in Lakewood, CO
AUDIENCE: State Probation Departments, Community Corrections Programs, Jail-based Behavioral Health Services (JBBS), and Department of Corrections (including Parole)
PREREQUISITE: Principles of Risk, Need, Responsivity eLearning Module
If you are new to SABA or would like additional information, please contact Liz Craig at 720-633-3811 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
OCC Training Calendar
Newsletters & Announcements
You asked for it and we did it. There is an updated Critical Incident Form for use by stakeholders to report Standards prescribed incidents at their facilities. The updated form includes the following changes:
- This form can now be used as the initial PREA report,
- More space for the incident description,
- More space for the status of the incident and the actions being taken,
- A new section for follow-up information received/identified after the initial report.
We hope you find these updates beneficial. Please don't hesitate to contact our office if you would like to provide feedback on the updated form or if you have any questions. Thank you!
Find Out More About Community Corrections...
The Office of Community Corrections:
- Ensures compliance with the Colorado Community Corrections Standards through regular program audits
- Distributes state and federal monies to community corrections boards and programs
- Provides technical assistance and specialized training to local facility staff, boards, and board members
- Completes background checks on prospective employees of community corrections programs
- Collects statistical data and other information about community corrections on behalf of the Colorado legislature and other state entities
- Provides support to the Governor's Community Corrections Advisory Council
Community Corrections Standards
The Office of Community Corrections establishes Community Corrections Standards in collaboration with stakeholders around the state. These standards establish minimum levels of service within Colorado community corrections programs and seek to reduce risks associated with managing offenders in the community.
Helpful Reports and Resources
Statewide Performance-Based Contracting
Community Corrections Data
- Program Outcomes and Recidivism Terminations January 2014 - December 2016
- Community Corrections Profile (Interactive dashboard can be accessed at the bottom of this page.)