Bimonthly Live Trainings
SOMB Approved Provider lunch and learn trainings are web-based one-hour bimonthly trainings over the lunch hour hosted by the Sex Offender Management Board (SOMB) and the Division of Criminal Justice. They are intended to assist approved treatment providers, evaluators, and polygraph examiners under the purview of the SOMB with the implementation of the Standards and provide technical assistance on specific case challenges. The SOMB staff will often partner with other subject matter experts in the field for these discussions and appreciates the collaboration.
This is an opportunity for our approved providers to:
- Be updated as to recent events at the Board meeting.
- Obtain the most current information regarding changes to the Standards and Guidelines.
- Discuss implementation of those Standards and Guidelines in your community and within your teams.
- To identify challenges to your work and learn from peers how they are managing similar challenges.
- Obtain technical assistance from the SOMB staff.
Approved providers who attend a live lunch and learn training can receive a training credit by participating in a post-training survey. If you miss the live training session, please view the information below regarding the SOMB Provider Hub.
Recorded Virtual Trainings & Standards Trainings
The SOMB is excited to announce the new SOMB Provider HUB!! This website provides providers with Lunch & Learn and Standards training recordings. This Hub is for SOMB Providers ONLY. In this Hub, all of the previous and future SOMB Lunch & Learns recordings will be posted, as well as Standards Training recordings. You will need to Register for the Provider Hub ONCE, and then you will be able to log in throughout the year to view trainings. You will have to manually be Approved before you are able to log into the Provider Hub. If you are a Provider and are interested in viewing these trainings, please email email@example.com.
**Note: There is not a set time or date for these online trainings; they will be available at any time after you register.
For non-providers and applicants, you can view the standards trainings by pressing on the link below. All of the SOMB Adult & Juvenile Standards Recordings will be in this event. There is no set time or date for these recordings, and they are available for the whole year. The SOMB is no longer doing certificates on Eventbrite for non-providers. If you are with Judicial, please get in touch with them for your certificate. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or if you are a provider who needs to watch the recordings.
- Request for Victim Representative
- Continuity of Care & Information Sharing
- Victim Clarification
- Sex Offenders and Contact, Clarification, and Reunification with Minor Aged Victims
- OMB Juvenile Standards & Guidelines Revisions
- Treatment & Supervision of Individuals Convicted of Sex Offenses
- Revisions to the SOMB Standards
- White Paper Regarding Evaluating Risk Factors for the Additional Special Conditions of Supervision
- DVSO Lunch & Learn Response to Current Environment
- Sex Offender Management 101
- Part I: Polygraph within the Standards
- Part II: Practical Application of the Polygraph
- The purview of the SOMB Standards
- SOMB Variance Process
- SOMB Standards and Policy Booster
- Telemental Health for Justice involved Populations after COVID
- SOMB Data Management System Updates for Providers
- Qualifications of Treatment Providers, Evaluators, and Polygraph Examiners
- CST/MDT Dynamic
- Responding to Deceptive (Significant Reactions) Polygraph Exams
- SOMB Writing Treatment Plans
- Working with DD/ID Individuals who have Committed Sexual Offenses
- SOMB Standards & Policy Booster
- Addressing issues of minimization and denial with clients who have sexually offended
- Bringing it all Together with Continuity of Care
- SOMB Victim Clarification
- Using Polygraph in a Risk-Informed Way and to Inform Risk
- SOMB Data Collection for Juvenile Providers
- SOMB Data Collection for Adult Providers
- SOMB Adult & Juvenile Standards Booster
- Professional Ethics & DORA
- Child Contact & Child Contact Screening
- Juvenile Registration