This page serves as a resource for organizations involved in the supervision, treatment, and management of sex offenders to share job openings, events, and other news of interest to their community of peers. The Sex Offender Management Unit shares this information on behalf of community organizations, but is not responsible for the content. Posts on this page do not constitute endorsement or promotion by the Sex Offender Management Unit or the Division of Criminal Justice.
Job Opening - Forensic Evaluation and Treatment Services
Forensic Evaluation and Treatment Services (FETS) provides a variety of offense treatment and evaluation services with offices serving the Front Range. Currently, we are looking for therapists to work at our Greeley and Denver offices. These are part-time positions working two to three days a week, possibly more. This is a contract position paid based on how many clients a therapist has and how many groups they facilitate. Training and supervision provided.
- Provide mental health treatment to men and women
- Lead group and individual therapy. During COVID19, we offer both teletherapy and limited in-person sessions.
- Follow SOMB Standards and Guidelines.
- Utilize the FETS manualized treatment protocols as a roadmap for treatment, and expand upon the protocols to deepen the client’s experience of themselves.
- Interact with a multidisciplinary team: other clinicians, probation/parole officers, polygraph examiners, trauma therapists, and substance abuse therapists.
- Authentically engage clients from a non-judgmental space.
- Required to hold a Master's degree in a behavioral health field.
- Preference to be a licensed mental health professional.
- SOMB listed as a full-level SOMB provider is preferred, but not required.
- Available to work in the afternoons and evenings, Monday-Thursday.
- Possess excellent clinical skills and be confident in engagement.
If this work interests you, please send resume and cover letter to Gary Reser, PhD, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Positions are open until filled, with an anticipated start date of June 15, 2021.